Welcome to the future, where you can have that Texas aesthetic while saving the environment. Our traditional F-150 is now electric! You read it right, one of the most popular trucks on the planet is now eco-friendly.
The truck is going to make its first debut by mid-2022!
Ford is now in the process of building a new manufacturing plant where it will produce an electric version of its trendy pickup truck. Ford is spending a whopping $700 million to construct the Rouge Electric Vehicle center. Later Ford plans to host the production of the F-150 Power Boost hybrid.
According to the automaker, this will provide 300 new jobs in battery assembly and production of the F-150 Power boost hybrid and fully electric F-150.
More Details on the New F-150
Ford has also released some juicy details about the battery-powered F-150:
- Ford will also debut new technology on the electric F-150. This will allow mobile power generation so customers can use their trucks as a power source.
- The F-150 will feature dual electric motors that are made to deliver more horsepower and twisting force than the average F-150 today. It also will have the capability to have faster acceleration, all while towing heavy trailers or equipment.
- These powerful vehicles also involve less maintenance than a typical gasoline engine. This creates more than 40 percent savings for its lifetime total cost of operation.
- There will also be a front trunk on the electric F-150 model that adds more cargo-carrying versatility and security that will help to keep your valuables safe.
- Like the rest, if the all-new F-150 lineup, the electric F-150 will continue to improve over time with fast over-the-air updates.
The Rouge Complex upgrade is just the latest news on Ford’s attempt to add more EVs to its lineup. Just like many automakers, Ford is involved in a costly project to boost its high-tech upgrades. The company has projected to spend about $11.5 billion to produce over a dozen electrified models, including EVs and hybrids. This is all projected to debut in 2022.
If you have any general questions or would like to take advantage of our services, please contact Ford today at (859) 341-6603.