Welcome to the future, where you can have that Texas aesthetic while saving the environment. Our traditional F-150 is now electric! You read it right, one of the most popular trucks on the planet is now eco-friendly.
The truck is going to make its first debut by mid-2022!
Ford is now in the process of building a new manufacturing plant where it will produce an electric version of its trendy pickup truck. Ford is spending a whopping $700 million to construct the Rouge Electric Vehicle center. Later Ford plans to host the production of the F-150 Power Boost hybrid.
According to the automaker, this will provide 300 new jobs in battery assembly and production of the F-150 Power boost hybrid and fully electric F-150.
More Details on the New F-150
Ford has also released some juicy details about the battery-powered F-150:
- Ford will also debut new technology on the electric F-150. This will allow mobile power generation so customers can use their trucks as a power source.
- The F-150 will feature dual electric motors that are made to deliver more horsepower and twisting force than the average F-150 today. It also will have the capability to have faster acceleration, all while towing heavy trailers or equipment.
- These powerful vehicles also involve less maintenance than a typical gasoline engine. This creates more than 40 percent savings for its lifetime total cost of operation.
- There will also be a front trunk on the electric F-150 model that adds more cargo-carrying versatility and security that will help to keep your valuables safe.
- Like the rest, if the all-new F-150 lineup, the electric F-150 will continue to improve over time with fast over-the-air updates.
The Rouge Complex upgrade is just the latest news on Ford’s attempt to add more EVs to its lineup. Just like many automakers, Ford is involved in a costly project to boost its high-tech upgrades. The company has projected to spend about $11.5 billion to produce over a dozen electrified models, including EVs and hybrids. This is all projected to debut in 2022.